History

HOTEL FIVE STARS CINEMA.

In the nineteen-fifties and –sixties it became the setting for the Dolce Vita, the destination of artists and cinema stars. Studded with villas of the patrician families in the Imperial period, Via Veneto became the emblem of Rome’s Belle Époque at the beginning of the twentieth century, with its modern hotels, luxury boutiques and refined Parisian-style street cafés.

Here is situated the Boscolo Palace Roma, in a majestic period building, in front of the American Embassy and between the Spanish Steps and the Villa Borghese. The building itself, which was once known as the Ambassadors’ Palace, is one of the masterpieces of the eminent architect Marcello Piacentini, who in 1927 gained inspiration from French Art Nouveau, availing himself of the assistance of the Swiss interior designer Emilio Vogt.

In October 2010, the major renovation work following the design of Italo Rota has restored the building to its former glory. Present and past merge in a perfectly-balanced stylistic continuum, which unites the most modern interior design in architectural spaces which retain the original old decor and elegant structure, and maintain intact the artistic value and original eclecticism. The vintage-chic fascination and the versatility of furnishing design emphasize the essence of the Boscolo hospitality.